Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I invest in energy efficiency retrofits?
What are the benefits from investments in energy efficiency?
- Energy efficiency retrofits are a very effective way to cut emissions and contribute to European, national and local climate targets. And the potential for action is clear: energy consumption in buildings is responsible for 40% of the European Union’s primary energy demand and 36% of EU’s CO2 emissions.
- The investments boost local economies by stimulating local innovative industries, constructors, manufactures and energy service companies (ESCOs).
- Energy efficiency retrofits create sustainable jobs: according to the 2030 Climate and Energy package impact assessment, they will create up to two million jobs by 2020 and an additional 2 million by 2030. By their very nature, these jobs will be local.
- Energy efficiency investments have proven to be lucrative for building owners, as they ensure long-term financial benefits through reduced energy bills.
- By cutting down the energy bills of individual households, the investments can reduce energy poverty.
- The retrofits can improve health and life standards by upgrading thermal comfort and air quality. On average, we spend 90% of our lives in buildings, and thus improving indoor climate can bring important advantages in terms of higher productivity rates, learning abilities and better health conditions.